The M4QN International Knowledge Exchange Award aims to facilitate links with internationally leading efforts on materials for quantum technologies. Funding is available for M4QN members to visit academic institutions outside of the UK or to host international visitors.
Who can apply?
The applicant must be a registered member of M4QN from a UK HE institution. We aim to support 5 Awards in this call.
When is the call open?
The call is open on 30th June 2023 and will close on 31st July 2023.
What is eligible?
The award supports travel and subsistence of the awardee for exchange to an institution outside of the UK, up to a maximum of £1,600. The Award does not fund research.
The following costs are not eligible in this Award:
- Research consumables
All costs must comply with UKRI policy.
What we’re looking for
M4QN aims to bring together the UK’s materials and quantum technologies communities and therefore, awards will be given to applications that align with this goal. The Award should facilitate knowledge exchange, collaboration, enhancement of expertise, and any other activities that are relevant to the overall aim of the Network and goals of its Interest Groups.
How to apply?
Applicants must complete and submit the application form by 4pm on 31st July 2023.
What is the review process?
Applications will be evaluated by a panel chaired by the ‘International Engagement’ thematic interest group.
- The exchange must take place within 6-months of the award date
- Recipients are responsible for checking the latest travel guidance for their proposed destination and, arranging their own travel documents including visas and insurance.
- Recipients of the award will be required to provide a written report on the outcomes, provide full evidence of expenditure, and will be profiled on the M4QN media accounts including, Twitter, website and newsletter.
- Recipients must abide by their institution’s guidance on data protection and intellectual property. Further guidance on Trusted Research is provided by the National Protective Security Authority
- For general enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org