The inaugural M4QN Early Career Rearcher workshop will be held at Sedgebrook Hall from 25-27th September 2023.
This workshop is mainly aimed at post-doc level researchers and Fellowship holders, but senior PhD students and junior faculty will also be considered.
We have a varied programme with invited speaker sessions on:
- The Startup Experience: Natasha Conway from Paragraf (paragraf.com)
- The Fabrication Landscape in the UK: Dave Ellis (Cleanroom manager for Cavendish III)
- Engagement with Policy and Government: Andrew Martin from Quantum Technologies DSIT
- Workshop on Negotiation skills, Leadership and making Career Choices: Emma Williams (www.thenerdcoach.co.uk)
- Patents 101: Rhian Granleese (https://www.marks-clerk.com/)
- Academic Careers: Jessica Wade (Imperial)
- Diversity in Materials for Quantum: Jessica Wade (Imperial)
- Drafting a ‘Code of Conduct’ for PIs from ECR perspective
- …and plenty of time for socials and research collaboration speed dating!
The fully-funded event will provide an opportunity for you to introduce yourself to the UK-wide M4QN ECR community, and to develop collaborations and support networks across disciplines.
Deadline for registration: 6th September 2023 – Please sign up here.